Friday

Foreign worker smashes dog's face with metal chain

Monday, Jan 03, AsiaOne
Originated from STOMP

As I read from this article, my first instinct was not about feeling disgusted by the pictures of the dog being abused. However my first thought was, “how cruel a person could be?” This might be just another case of animal abuse to others reading news. But somehow, whenever I read this type of news I tend to have mixed feelings whereby I feel angry and sad at the same time.  I could not understand and why people want to abuse animals. Personally, I feel that they might have psychological problems as they probably would feel a sense of satisfaction or even to just simply wanting to vent their stress or frustration on the animals. 
What I felt more emotional about this article is that the person was a foreign worker. I am not trying to show biasness towards foreign workers. However, as a foreign worker, you hold on as a representative of your country while you work in a foreign country to earn money. It is tough and difficult to work out from their comfort zone, their homeland. I could understand how stress or tired they might be working in Singapore, not only missing their beloved ones but have to tolerate many other stressful matters occurring at work. Taking such an action of abusing a helpless animal, it does not only bring shame to yourself but to your country too.Despite that, I could not find it reasonable for the foreign worker to abuse the dog till such a state. You could see how heartbreaking it is, to see a dog being abused tilI this state(as you see from the picture above) when it is just an innocent stray dog. A dog is still a living thing, if it does not offend you or threatens your life, why should you even hurt an animal?! There were also many other actions of animal abuse by people around the area as the investigators which went to find out more about the particular case of the abused dog. Personally, I feel very emotional about it. There are so many people out there abusing animals but how many are there trying to help or protect these animals ? From this article, I wish everyone would learn to cherish life. Life is every living thing, it does not only include human. Although some living things like cockroach and insects freak us out, it is understandable of the reason why we kill them. However, any other living thing that do not being harm to us. Please do not harm them, or even try to love or care about them. They could be very lovable too. ^.^


Felicia Tan
104945D

No comments:

Post a Comment